Thursday 25 April 2013

b******ing in Berlin

Yesterday I wrote in my diary just after leaving Cologne "we are now seeing some small hills and pretty little villages, which is nice after the flat scenery we saw from Brussels to Cologne". However I spoke too soon.

Within a few miles the hills had gone and so had the pretty little villages. The landscape is flat, flat, flat all the way to Berlin so we travelled at up to 250 kph!

The trains are amazing and on time to the minute so far. Weird really as a minute or two either way would seem more normal.

We booked into our hotel here in Berlin and were told we had been upgraded to a superior room. The only trouble is that it is on the 27th floor. Could be worse I am sure and in Shanghai and Beijing we may be much higher but being up graded is one thing but being put on ten floors higher is another, if you are Tone.

If you know Tone you will know he not fond of heights so this news was not as welcome as the receptionist thought it might be! Anyway he is being very brave.

Today, Thursday 25th April we have been out to explore Berlin. I don't think I had appreciated what a big city it is. We decided on a combined bus and boat trip and it was great. And as with the trains highly efficient and well organised.

We saw the Brandenburg Gate, The Wall and Checkpoint Charlie as well as many other famous sights

We got a thorough b******ing from a German tourist because at the first stop we did not realise there was a rear door to the bus. I adopted my best Granny Pardoe voice and said "there is no need to be rude" he said "why not?" to which I replied. "Because you would be so much happier if you were nice"  He went off in a huff

No comments:

Post a Comment