Wednesday 23 January 2013

Thank you Great Western

A couple of weeks ago Tone wrote to Ariva, Great Western and South Eastern Trains to ask them if they would sponsor our train trips from Barry to Cardiff, Cardiff to London and London to Ramsgate!  He actually asked if they would let us pay the same as Grandpa would have done!
Great Western have done even better and said they will let us travel free. Clever Tone.
Of course they will get some publicity but if is great news.
I have started to write lists and then will make lists of lists I am sure.
I have spoken to my best friend  Bridget who is a great traveller for advice on packing and what to take.
She has given me several pieces of advice, the most concerning is to take a skirt in case I break my leg. She had no comment to make about what Tone would take in case he breaks his leg but he is not taking his kilt. It weighs too much!
I spent yesterday copying the stuff I am sending to Mike Ford who is lending us a video camera. As always I got sidetracked into looking at photos, letters and newspaper cuttings so it took quite a long time. It is all packed up now to send off to him later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment