Saturday 25 May 2013

Ginger - you have a problem with ginger?


20 May

As some of you know I have a very irritating allergy to ginger! Not the best thing in China but I suspect worse o=in somewhere like Thailand so things could be worse.  Or could they.
 
The first lunch on board had not posed a problem as there was plenty of salady bits and some bread so I was ok but when it came to dinner things got more difficult.
 
But after Captain Lees reception we went and changed and were in the restaurant for a buffet supper. Lots of choice so I asked what I could eat. None of the Chinese stuff!  Well that did not leave much choice so I asked someone different who we had seen when we first got on the boat.  Leo had checked us in and I knew he knew about my allergy as he had a note about it by my name.
 
"No problem, you can eat anything we have not used ginger in the food on this trip!
 
Seemed a bit excessive but very kind so I took some bits and pieces and went back to our table.
 
"You cant eat that" said James our table waiter. "You are allergic to ginger that is no good!"
 
Well by now I was not happy, hungry but not happy.
 
Bread and salad seemed safe so that is what I had but this was not good.
 
After a little discussion about the supposed five star ship, the fact that they knew of my problem and that bread and salad would not do for the rest of the trip we repaired to the bar
 
We saw a really interesting show about the various costumes of the Chinese Dynasties and it was very well done.
 
Large G and T and so to bed.  The ship is sailing through the night and it is really lovely and calm and quiet

No comments:

Post a Comment